 General / 14662
Re: Samsonite oversized bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:48:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
John Gerlach wrote:

The stuff he's selling is genuine, and legitimate.  I know, because I've got
many of the same items in my personal collection...

OK, here's a question, then... what are the restrictions on stuff that
TLG gave you? He's hawking stuff that only employees had original access
to. Did TLG TOE restrict what you could do with stuff that they gave
you? I assume you'd have a better shot at an answer than most, being an
ex as you are.

*While* I was an employee, there were all sorts of rules I followed:

Never give out information (like upcoming sets) until that information was in
the public domain, such as when the new mini-catalogs started showing up in
sets, or the new sets started appearing on the store shelves.

Never buy something using my employee discount (dang, I miss that discount!)
for resale.

Never give out secret or inside information, such as things that go on inside
the factory.  I would tell people about it, but only in very generic terms.

Never use the term "Legos", where "Lego bricks/sets/pieces" is correct.  (Yes,
I know "LEGO" should be in all capital letters, that's another 'rule' I used
to follow!)

But, now that I'm a *former* employee, I think that whatever I choose to do
with *my* stuff is fine.  If TLC wants me to continue to follow these 'rules',
they're going to have to give me that employee discount again...  <grin>

(I'm not planning on selling my five-year award, unless someone offers me a
LOT of money for it...)

JohnG, GMLTC
  (lose the '.nospam' to reply...)