 General / 14501
Re: Lego-Ideas.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:47:19 GMT

Farlie A wrote:

My name is Alex Farlie.

I DO NOT WORK FOR TLG

However I did thank's to an indivdual at Hamleys get a NAME to contact in
regard to ideas and comments.

The individual I met was called Mike and is usally found by the Mindstorms
sets on the first(second?) floor.

I got talking, It seems Lego fired a number of designers and is going to
become more repsonsive to us!(I have read Brad's posting..)
He said that he would be able to pass
on ideas to someone senior inside TLG!!!

The name of the person being Niels, who is apparently from TLG in Denmark and
head of one of the design teams !!

I had some ideas of my own.. which I am devloping at the moment.

Any ideas you want passing on when Niels get's back to me( If!)?
(of course you're entitled to contact him yourself....)

I got an answer from Mike reagrding the 'in-house' repsonse to ideas from fans.
It us to protect stuff that TLG is working on themselves.

As to Vikings there were two words that would prevent it being a lego theme
'Rape and pillage.'

He also shared concerns overs Juniorization,
(I have a feeling senior people inside TLG do have concerns as well!)

Sorry if this sounds like the rambalings of a madman. But I was very suprised!!

Not posted to dear-lego because not letter to TLG.

Alex

Thanks Alex.  I think I mentioned "rape and pillage" in a previous post about the
Vikings.  And then there are the Beserkers..... (that's where going beserk
originated from).  Just go see the movie "Erik The Viking", a Viking comedy spoof
from the makers of the Monty Python series, a very funny yet informative movie.

Perhaps you can mention to them about a Greek or Roman theme.  Those 2x2 round
bricks make great columns, and the low sloped bricks make great temple roofs.  I'm
not sure if the Erik Wilson Acropolis Contest website is still intact, but for some
Greek designs you can check out my Neoclassic LEGO Art Museum - the first pictures
on my website:

http://my.voyager.net/lar/gistok.html

(A shameless self promotion, if ever there was one.)

Gary Istok