 General / 14440
Re: Survey found in lego box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:11:56 GMT

---D M Garcia
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Alien/2199/
Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:3897C38F.9D945045@postoffice.pacbell.net...
Anyway, good for you!  I probably would have lied and said it was for my
because I couldn't bring myself to say it was for me.)
I stopped hoarding the mania mags when my 9 year old daughter picked up the
mail one day and realized her name (not mine) was on the mailing address.

I'm still in the closet and somewhat envious of those who can come out • and  >ask for LEGO for
the holidays or birthdays.
My wife took pleasure in yanking me out of my Lego closet this past
Christmas.  We went back home and I wanted so *desparately* to hunt Lego
sets but couldn't find an excuse.  I came downstairs one night and my Dad
asked me, "Did you want to go look for some Lego's?"

As it is I wouldn't dream of it.  It's bad enough
that my first grader went and told his whole class that while he has a big
LEGO collection, his mom's is even larger, and she won't let him play with
it.  The mom volunteering in the classroom that day asked me if it was • true--
it was a bit embarrassing.
My daughter tells her friends all the time, but they don't know any better.

I don't run around announcing it, but I am not afraid to tell people.