 General / 14332
14331  |  14333
Subject:
You know you've been reading too much LUGnet when...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:36:40 GMT

...you dream about LUGnuts you've never met.

<Saturday night's dream>
I was going by myself to a club, not a dance club, but more of a "sit
down and enjoy the music" kind of club.  When I got there, I saw on the
marquee (a replaceable letter kind like they have outside some stores
and restaurants) that the featured performers were Sproaticus and Jason
Spangler.  (Yes, I these are the exact names that were on the marquee.)
I thought, "Hey, those guys are from LUGnet!"  So I went in and sat
down at a table.  Even thought Jeremy was on the marquee first, Jason
was the opening act.  He played some sort of folk guitar.  When he was
done, for some reason he came over and sat down at my table.  (Maybe
because most of the tables in the place were empty?)  While Sproaticus
was jamming on an electric guitar, Jason and I got to talking, and I
told him I recognized his name from LUGnet.  Since he was from out of
town, I volunteered to show him around.  We ended up back at my house,
where for some reason I was once again living with my parents.  I
introduced him to my mom, saying, "Mom, this is Jason.  He's a LUGnut."
And mom somehow understood exactly what I meant and wasn't fazed by the
term LUGnut.  We ended up sitting on my floor building stuff with LEGO
bricks, just as if we were 11 years old.
</Saturday night's dream>

When I woke up, I thought, wow, that was weird.  At first I thought
that I had made up the name Spangler and it was really Jason Mantor
that was in my dream.  That would've made more sense, because I've at
least traded with Mantor.  But I looked up Spangler, and of course, I
found him here.

That'll teach me to go to bed on a tummy full of Mexican food!

[FUT .off-topic.fun, because I suspect that this will quickly digress
to a discussion of dreams]

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX