 General / 14073
Re: Look at this!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:11:47 GMT

Gary Istok wrote in message <388CB330.242C071C@umich.edu>...

Ka-On Lee wrote:

In lugnet.general, Jean-marc Détraz writes:
Look at this auction on ebay, I didn't know
that the catalogs had more value than their pieces...
HeHeHe

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=244541432

It actually includes instructions, some of them very old.  They can be • quite
valuable to many people around here, but $999 is way too much.

Well I am sure gonna keep an eye on this auction.  I have about two to • three
times this lot in brochures and catalogs from the 60's to the 90's that are
collecting dust. If it gets any bids, well maybe it's time to do some
EBAY'ing.

I wonder if that auction is another case of missing decimal point? $9.99
would be a reasonable price to start an auction like this off (though I
guess if each item was valued at an average of $5-10 $999 wouldn't be
outrageous).

Frank