 General / 12225
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:21:20 GMT

James,

These sets are suppose to be on sale to make room for the new sets when they
arrive in 2000! They print the ads up a few months to a year in advance so
they probably didn't forecast/ predict the new sets would be out yet!

I don't think its a few months lead-time, I think it is a few weeks if
any. There have been a lot of LEGO sales everywhere the last few months,
I wonder how the sales are doing? This is from a lot of stores, K-Mart,
Target, etc. This is the most sales I have ever seen for LEGO.
Hmm...especially at Christmas.

According to TLG NO 2000 sets will be out till 2000! We just got real lucky
they came out when they did!

No, this happens every year, especially at Meijer. There is so much
stock, especially in Toys, that they cycle through everything to sell
it. Toys is the busiest department in Meijer this time of year, and if
you work there (I do) you either totally avoid it, or put your coat on
when scoping for LEGO items. This has happened every year at Meijer
since I can remember. The official launch date is December 26th, the day
after Christmas. TRU also puts sets out, but they are hideous this time
of year, I can't stomach going there after last year of waiting an hour
to buy two new Space Port sets. Ugh!

Scott S.

"jamie hickey" <jamie1123@webtv.net> wrote in • message

I just stopped at the Meijers in East Lansing, • MI, on E. Grand River, and
picked up the A-Wing, Flash Speeder, and the • Technic Battle Droid! The
only
thing I need now is the Technic Destroyer Droid • and I am all set. I'll let
you
know when I find it.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!

Quote of the Month: (In Slate)

Al Gore: "Even though national security policy didn't come up, I
suggested that one critical issue for voters to ponder is this:
Whose FINGER do you want on the CONTROL-ALT-DELETE button?"

These are the same people who sued MICROSOFT, folks. If he is that
ignorant about computers, he should not be anywhere near controlling
anything, much less the United States.