 Star Wars / 4906
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:34:56 GMT

Correct the whole B-wing should be able to swing around the cockpit.  In
flight mode (with the s-foils "lowered") the ship often flies with the
body to the right. (It was in the game rebel assault 2)  In attack mode
the main body is generally pointing down from the cockpit with the
s-foils (smaller wings) extended.  Again though the whole body should be
able to swing around the cockpit.  This is what gives a B-wing its
incredible manuverablity.

I know about this, but it's never utilized in the games nor demonstrated in
the films.  I guess you could say it spurs the imagination as far as playing
with the model when you're done, but I guess I really would prefer it if the
ships were represented on the box the same way that they appeared in the
films.  After all, you can't get much more "official" than that.  And it
still REALLY irks me that NO ONE ever seems to get the laser colors right.
It's just one of those things that itches me like nothing else.

    Also as far as the packaging of the original Kenner ship and now the
Lego B-wing, perhaps they are horizontal to be shown in the largest • manner
while taking advantage of the landscape shape of the lego box.
Most lego boxes seem to be wider than they are tall for a number of • reasons.
The only exception I can think of at the moment is 6097 Night lord's
castle.

An exception would be nice.  If the B-Wing box were designed to be presented
vertically, I think that would make it more interesting and eye-catching
since most Lego boxes are oriented horizontally.

Dave