 Star Wars / 4972
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:06:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Koesel writes:
I don't think that the Destroyer Droid is • scheduled to ship until February
(so it may show up in January, but probably not
December).

Wasn't all of the 2000 Tenchnic Star Wars line due in Feb!

BTW, for anyone finding the sets out of stock at • Meijer, you can get
rainchecks at the sale price.  I did this for the
I wonder if they will gve me a raincheck on the Destroyer Droid, even though
it isn't out yet?!?
Or atleast can't find it yet.

A-Wing and B-Wing,
which I could not find after checking 3 different • Meijer stores. (!)

And the sale is still something of a mystery.  No • one seems to know
why the sets are on sale.  Not only that, but • three of the six sets that
I purchased rung up as "Lego DUPLO".  Supposedly • all Star Wars merchandise
is supposed to be on sale at Meijer _except_ • Lego.  None of the sales
clerks or managers had any explanation for any of
this.

These sets are suppose to be on sale to make room for the new sets when they
arrive in 2000! They print the ads up a few months to a year in advance so
they probably didn't forecast/ predict the new sets would be out yet!

According to TLG NO 2000 sets will be out till 2000! We just got real lucky
they came out when they did!

"jamie hickey" <jamie1123@webtv.net> wrote in • message

I just stopped at the Meijers in East Lansing, • MI, on E. Grand River, and
picked up the A-Wing, Flash Speeder, and the • Technic Battle Droid! The
only
thing I need now is the Technic Destroyer Droid • and I am all set. I'll let
you
know when I find it.