 General / 12144
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:20:38 GMT

Mark Koesel wrote:

And the sale is still something of a mystery.  No one seems to know
why the sets are on sale.  Not only that, but three of the six sets that
I purchased rung up as "Lego DUPLO".  Supposedly all Star Wars merchandise
is supposed to be on sale at Meijer _except_ Lego.  None of the sales
clerks or managers had any explanation for any of this.

Another weird thing is the arctic sets rang up as LEGO, not DUPLO LEGO.
Looking over my receipt, some are called LEGO, some are called DUPLO
LEGO, and some are called LEGO DUPLO. Only one of the items had a star
next to it, meaning sale: 7124, Flash Speeder. Weird, really weird.
I think the Meijer computer system has categories, such as SW toys, and
they did not isolate the SW LEGO'S, even though they wanted it to.
Meijer has a whole department named Systems, that handles all the
pricing, computers, sales, etc. I probably should be there rather than
pushing carts, but I get frustrated enough working with computers here
at AEI. :)

As my dad always says, never argue with a discount!

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.

Work Page:
http://www.aeieng.com/

Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html

Main LEGO Page:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html

Soon to come: Star Wars LEGO Sets Parts Selling Page!

Quote of the Month: (In Slate)

Al Gore: "Even though national security policy didn't come up, I
suggested that one critical issue for voters to ponder is this:
Whose FINGER do you want on the CONTROL-ALT-DELETE button?"

These are the same people who sued MICROSOFT, folks. If he is that
ignorant about computers, he should not be anywhere near controlling
anything, much less the United States.