 General / 12029
12028  |  12030
Subject:
an AFOL request list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:16:39 GMT

This is my attempt at making a list of requests to TLG/Lego Direct.
All of them are possible and mabie some of them might happen.

Here are the 10 things AFOLS want the most, with details.

1.Bulk ordering: the 10 most wanted pieces for bulk ordering are:
1.train windows, doors, wagon bases and more in colors that are usefull
for
the kind of trains AFOLS make.
2.basic bricks in all colors including tan, grey, brown and green
3.basic plates in all colors including tan, grey, brown and green
4.basic slopes and inverted in all colors including tan, grey, brown and
green
5.tba
6.tba
7.tba
8.tba
9.tba
10.tba

2.rerelease of old sets: the 10 most wanted old sets are:
1.4558 metroliner
2.tba
3.tba
4.tba
5.tba
6.tba
7.tba
8.tba
9.tba
10.tba

3.assistance with databases:
plugging the gaps in brickshelf.com, the lugnet.com pause set search,
part
number/name databases, inventory databases etc.
mabie also some help with our cad effort (even recognition of it would
be nice)
also a section on lego.com with links to the important AFOL sites such
as
lugnet.com
brickshelf.com
ldraw.org
anything else worth linking to (there are definatly others)

4.More starwars stuff: the 10 most wanted starwars items would be:
1.an ultimate collectors series millenium falcon
2.a chewbacca minifig
3.a c-3po minifig
4.a regular stormtrooper minifig (but please do not make it something
that only
comes in an expensive set)
5.a regular imperial tie fighter with tie fighter pilot
6.tba
7.tba
8.tba
9.tba
10.tba

5.better access to sets,spare parts etc.
an online ordering service that is global and direct from TLG
all sets available everywhere (at least through the ordering service)
better access to promotional sets and parts for those that miss out
because
they do not live in the right place to get them.
also please use universal set names and numbers for the entire world. It
is a
pain in the *** to be asking about an "eagle knights castle" and then
getting
no response because people do not know you are talking about a 6073
knights
castle. I wonder how many people would respond if I posted a wtb message
for
"robin with frends and foes"

6.mabie more input into the creative process with set design or element
design
contest.
such as:
"design a set and if your entry wins we will make your set in a limited
run"
obviously TLG would have to limit the parts that people can use somehow.

The design a set contest would be much easier to handle than a design an
element
contest.

7.tba

8.tba

9.tba

10.tba

I would like to get other peoples opinion on this list, especially what
should
go into the tba spaces
n.b. the items are not in any kind of order

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com