 General / 12028
12027  |  12029
Subject:
Copyright question for brad justus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 11:15:54 GMT

Can you please clear up all these issues relating to the lego
IP/copyright
rules?
especially regarding:

the posting of set instructions,especially the brickshelf.com database
and the
line about that and also if there are any set instructions we should not
post,
whether it is ok to post scans of current sets and/or how far back is ok
to post
etc

the posting of set pictures and catalogs, whether that is ok, if there
are
any pictures/catalogs that we should not post, and also whether it is ok
to post
vendors catalogs and if there are any that we cant post etc

the ldraw cad effort, the modelling of official TLG parts, including
decorated
parts, if there are any parts we should not model etc

the modelling of official TLG sets in ldraw, if there are any sets that
we
should not model etc

but above all please answer this:
is it ok to post pictures of next years sets:
1.if the sets were found in a store
2.if a normal catalog was found in a store
3.if a normal catalog was found in a set
4.if the images are from the vendors catalog

Either you provide a response or get the TLG lawyers to provide one

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com