 General / 11772
Re: Geez! LUGNET is just too exciting!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:43:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Rachel Kingston writes:
OK this won't boost up your collection with the sets that you may want, but at
least she'll have an interest in the set she's about to build, instead of
having to be coerced into building, it also means that you could become REALLY
broke trying to supply both of you with sets.
This is what happened to us, "Hey, Rachel, Lego is really cool, check out the
catalogue..." "No, I've never been into Lego, it doesn't do anything for me,
oh, ok, I'll have a look......hey, the castle's are cool, wow, I dig the
Pirate ships, have you got any of these sets? No, only town and train and
technic, oh....."
Three years later and many more thousands of dollars than I care to admit and
I think he is starting to curse the day he ever showed me that catalogue, but
at least I don't complain when he buys Lego!!!!!

My wife and I have a different problem: We're *both* into Castles.  Sigh.
This has its own unique accumulation of side effects...

;)

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/