 General / 10911
Re: Bored? Check out my Site!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 09:41:21 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi all,

Just want to share my li'l site with you all.  Nothing spectacular there yet,
except for my list of sets.  Of particular interest is a few "stories" about
me and my personal experiences with certain sets.

Here's the address:
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Campus/8138/

There's a link to my Lego pages from there.

Note:
Your browser might say that there are errors on the page, but I think it's
partially Geocities' fault.  The page should load up correctly anyways.

Quick question: Do I need a disclaimer on every single page that has to do
with Lego?  Currently I only have one on the main Lego page...

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

I checked out your site and I especially like the stories about some of the
sets you have. However, the link on your main page to the Lego page wasn't
working correctly, the slash should be / instead of the \ slash you have there
currently.
I don't know the attitude of the Lego company or of other people, but in my
opinion you should have a disclaimer on each page that is directly reachable
from an 'outside' page like Lugnet for example. Of course some people will
bookmark underlying pages in the hierarchy, but also in those cases they will
have visited your main Lego page at least once, so the disclaimer on the first
page should be sufficient.
As in your case you can only go to the main Lego page from your homepage a
disclaimer on the main page should be sufficient. When somebody has separate
pages for Town, Castle and Space for example and gives links to all three of
them, I think a disclaimer on each page would be more appropriate.

Greetings,

Sybrand Bonsma