 General / 10800
Re: Cool Pieces!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.scala
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:51:08 GMT

In lugnet.scala, Frank Filz writes:

Shiri wrote in message ...
I was wondering how the scala baseplate works. It looks pretty weird. Does • it
have normal holes between flowers?

Having just played with the Scala kitchen I got from S@H, I'll shed some
light on the Scala "flower stud". This stud is normal height, but fills a
2x2 stud area. There is a circle in the center which a tube will fit over.
The result is that any brick or plate with an even length and width with
tubes on the bottom will fit.

So, let me get this straight. You bought the 3115 (?) kitchen? S@H still
carries old scala sets?
Also, is there a 1x1 round place *between* the flowers, or is it just useless
space?

The walls are interesting. They have vertical slots which can accept various
things (the kitchen has two cabinet units which fit in these slots). The low
wall units are 8 bricks high (as are the cabinets, which are 6x6x8).

Cool. Now I see how the pictures in 3142 set (Marie's Room) hold up...

The stove top is interesting, it is a 6x6 tile (printed) with a slightly
coarser finish (halfway between a roof surface and a normal tile).

What?? You lost me here.

On the
underside however, it only has one tube in the center, surrounded by a 2x2
"wall".

Oh for those looking at colors, I think this adds a 4th "pink", more of a
peach... The green wall is also a paler green than the Paradisa baseplates.

*4*th pink? Did you miscount, or did I miss another pink? I'm counting the
original pale paradisa pink, the darker pink as shown in the Belville yacht
and Castle sets. Where did the third pink go?

Thanks for the answers! I guess now I have to wait for some more...   ;-)

-Shiri