 General / 10517
Re: Reinventing the minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:36:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Christopher Masi writes:
Thomas Main wrote:

There's currently a discussion happening in lugnet.starwars concerning a
minifig scale Millenium Falcon model.  It seems to me that a lot of
people are hampered by "minifig scale."  I believe Gary Istok has
mentioned that he doesn't even use minifigs because without them he has
more freedom in scale modeling and can use his non-minifig scale windows
and doors.  Various people have lamented that Lego cars can't seat two
figs side-by-side,

One minifig per car is pretty realistic.  True, American cars have more
than one seat, but if you look at the cars during rush hour they are all
carrying one minifig...I mean person.

   How true. Minifigs are just as unenvironmental as people! LEGO should fix
that... (But of course it won't)
   Some ten years ago I experimented with a four-seated car (two in back, two
in front), but I was just a kid, I didn't care much about aesthetics, etc. I
just built it. (As I recall, it had a few windshields, in two floors, and,
well... it was ugly.)

   I think, leave minifigs in peace, and if you have a problem with scale,
build different models!

Bye,
   Shiri   :-)