 General / 10516
Re: Reinventing the minifig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 19:34:14 GMT

NO! NONONONO!
NEVER!
I *love* the minifigs! Don´t change them!

--Tobias
"No! I talk to my minifigs every day and they talk back! Don´t ever say
that they are only plastic bricks!"

There's currently a discussion happening in lugnet.starwars concerning a
minifig scale Millenium Falcon model.  It seems to me that a lot of
people are hampered by "minifig scale."  I believe Gary Istok has
mentioned that he doesn't even use minifigs because without them he has
more freedom in scale modeling and can use his non-minifig scale windows
and doors.  Various people have lamented that Lego cars can't seat two
figs side-by-side, even six stud wide trains are not realistic to figs,
etc.  People have also stated that minifigs aren't realistically
porportioned.

One solution to all these problems might be reinventing the minifig.
How about a redesigned minifig whose legs took up only one stud (each
leg being a half stud wide) in width, one stud in height (keeping a hole
in back), regular studs on top of legs (maybe slightly wider in diameter
to regular studs for extra grip, like friction pegs), torso in
porportion to the new legs (total width of minifig with artms should be
two studs), smaller head and hair pieces so both head/hair could fit in
helmets, caps, hats)?

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu