 General / 10325
Re: Mindstorms recommendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:15:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, John VanZwieten writes:

If you are willing to put in the time to help get him started, and if he's at
all computer-oriented, he probably won't be overwhelmed.  My son has a much
easier time with the programming part than he does with actually building his
own robot stuff.  I often help him build a robot then he figures out how to
program it.

I'm quite prepared to get him the whole shebang if he takes to it - or
rather, my wife will get Granddad to buy it.  :-)

That's what we did!  Granddad thought his investment paid off pretty well when
we got invited to MindFest at MIT (even if we didn't get invited for our
Mindstorms stuff).  Now we have to figure out how granddad can add to his
investment this year :-)

-John Van

Thanks for the input!

Bruce

I'll think about it some, but I'll note that Granddad on this end will be
having insufferably high standards for robotics as it is. ;-)

Bruce