 General / 10149
Re: Cybermaster???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:54:33 GMT

Rachel,

Cybermaster isn't bad. It's just a bit limited compared to RIS. It includes
a large brick with a radio receiver and 2 built-in motors. You can hook up
sensors to the brick and build a car that reacts to its environment.
RIS, however is also suited for other applications, such as robots for
making margaritas or controlling webcams, to name just a few. It also
includes two motors and a couple of sensors, so you could still build
vehicles if you want.
The programming environment for both systems is virtually identical.
Combining the two seems a bit awkward though. RIS is controlled by infrared
and CM by radio. They won't be able to 'talk'.
If I were you I'd go for RIS and add something else later. You could even
add a regular technic set, just for the parts. Take a look at supercar 8848.
The RIS add-ons are not very interesting IMHO.

Have fun,

Arjen

Rachel Kingston wrote in message ...

Hi

Fresh  from a scintillating experience in the cybermaster group.
Its very zen (The sound of one hand clapping and all that) go there now to
relax and recuperate from the pressures of modern life.

Seriously though, I am after some expert advise, there is no-one home in • the
cybermaster group, I'm hoping someone here can help me.
I was interested in the Cybermaster set for a 10 yr old, it can't be that • bad
can it?
Please tell me if it sucks and why, to prevent me wasting my hard earned • cash.
I was thinking of the cybermaster set AND the RIS, not either or. (one for
xmas, one for birthday,) but if the cybermaster set ie that bad then I'll • just
concentrate on the RIS and additional sortware for it. (Extreme creatures
sounds very cool!)
Please could someone give me the lowdown on these sets, pro's and cons for
each etc, This would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Rachel :-)