 General / *470 (-20)
  Re: New N64 Game

(...) Gotta go with Sarah on this one... you'd just be confusing the trainiacs :) -Tom McD. tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Halloween buckets.

(...) Lucky! The service desk at a local Target told me the that they were supposed to be 50% off (they were price checking at $9.99 still) so I grabbed all 18 unopened buckets they had. The cashier didn't know how to ring them up at 50% off so he (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: * 1999 *

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) I should think it is. I've never seen Technic on one of the little in-set leaflets you get in Town (etc.) so I'm figuring this is a way of flogging Technic to a younger and more excitable audience... My (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) Ah, I think you've "stembeled" onto something... ;-) Sorry, couldn't pass it up. I do agree with you. - Tom McD. tfn, radiotitan@yahoo.com (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: * 1999 *

(...) And even with the larger wing size on the real shuttles (compared to the new lego one) they are hard to land. Also, some of the new shuttle concepts, which do not use boosters for take off, have yet even smaller wings. the import factors in (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: * 1999 *

(...) WINGS (...) Hehe... but IF it is SPACE SHUTTLE then it will landing like a plain. You know - Discovery, Atlantis, Columbia... and all this NASA Space Shuttles. ;)) And LEGO did just some Space Shuttles. Like this wonderful Technic model. Or (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: * 1999 *

(...) If this is all the technic we get this year, you're right indeed. But hopefully this is just a little sideline. (...) They're not wings. They're just stabilizers. Wings wouldn't do much good in space, now would they? (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  * 1999 *

Heya all ! My opinion about news in 1999 mini catalog: Technic - looks very bad Town Jr. - Looks very very bad Town Space centre - the body of this Space Shuttle is good but where are WINGS ??? I hope that this little black pieces in back of this (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  FOTW: 6444 Outback Airstrip

Well, it was a good deal, anyway. Only $14.99 for this older Outback set that is really quite nice. I found it at Media Play (which just started carrying Lego, AFAIK). They also had 3 Mindstorms set, the RoboSports expansion set, and put up a (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego = Tomy? (was Re: Thoughts on 1999 sets)

(...) Anyone else see a resemblance between the Throwbots and the Zoids line from the early 80s? Granted, none of the Zoids was a very gifted downhill skier :) Anyway, check out a great Zoids site at (URL) Smith (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Target Halloween buckets.

> I managed to pick up 33 buckets in all, I was hoping for 40. > They were priced at $4.99 each. They didn't have these at the target near me! :( Any chance you'd be willing to sell one off? Sean (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) And since this is .publish, I'd like to comment on the attitude taken by the AGONN site. Okay, I understand wanting everyone to know you're the one who got the scoop, etc., but it was tasteless to write that in big letters _over_ the actual (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) I don't understand. I don't own any Launch Command sets, but I checked out the pictures on Pause, and they don't look much more impressive than the new Space Port sets, if at all. (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Thoughts on 1999 sets

(...) As far as I can remember, the Y-wing was featured as a toy when the first wave of Star Wars Craze hit the planet. And speaking of the Y-wing fighter, as far as I can see, it probably has a total of eight 16-length beams with axle holes, as (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New N64 Game

(...) Sarah Heacock sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

lugnet.starwars removed. We've grown beyond them. (...) Launch Command is a dead sub-theme though. They made their last sets a while ago. Space Port is an entirely new subtheme that just APPEARS to be the same. Sarah Heacock (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

(...) Could it be that Launch Command is the latest of the die hard town sub-themes to be consumed by this deadly virus called Town Jr.??? This is becoming more of a wake every year. :o( Barry (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  New element color

I have been having trouble posting, so this will be just bare bones. If it posts, I'll flesh it out. I have seen the element that was introduced in UFO, as supports for the spaceship that was packed with the mask last year, and is available in black (...) (26 years ago, 25-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: more new scans

Wow Inca's/Maya's that sound pretty neat, make minifig sacrifices to the sungod Yeah!!!!!! Dave Pawel wrote in message ... (...) predictions (...) (or is (...) see. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.

I don't think it is the Space Shuttle. I think it is TLG's own design of a Reusable Aerospace Plane. There isn't an External Tank or Booster Rockets, so how can it be a Space Shuttle? Jeff (...) (26 years ago, 2-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact