 General / *230 (-10)
  Re: Some Questions...

(...) Do you happen to know what set that is for ~9. The only set I've seen (don't know the number) was in the high 20's or low 30's range for a motor, battery holder, and a bunch of parts. Thanks. (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Intel Ad

I'm not so sure that Intel paid Lego, I mean they can advertise well enough to not need any other things. I think that it's more of a deal to split the cost of a full page ad in Newsweek, not cheap stuff there. But I would agree Intel going to get (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some Questions...

Colin R Gutierrez wrote in message <362D67E2.48AF@nospa...cp.com>... (...) The education department of Lego, some intresting stuff and some packs from them. I think Mike Stanly has more info about them but I'm probaly wrong about that. (...) Not (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Some Questions...

Hope none of these make me sound horribly stupid, but: 1) What is Dacta? 2) Do green dragon wings exist? 3) Why does the 9 volt technic motor cost so much, when I could get a similar one (sans the ABS casing,) for a couple of dollars? Are the (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Intel Ad

(...) I wouldn't be so sure it cost TLG anything. If it was a P2 add then I'd guess Intel paid TLG for the right to use Lego bricks or whatever. I'd say Intel is the real beneficiary of this ad - some kid sees Daddy's magazine with Lego stuff in the (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Bookmarks

I am interested in how other Lego enthusiasts organize their Lego bookmarks. I have mine organized in the following heirarchy: LDraw Mindstorms Reference Retailers Scan Sites Master Model Builders RTL Webpages LDraw Castle Town Train Large Models (...) (26 years ago, 21-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  1999 Catalogues?

Last year around this time, people started spotting the 1998 Catalogues. I haven't seen any speculation on RTL or here about the 1999 Catalogues and it's October 20. Any ideas about why the delay? I'm assuming it's due to the Star Wars product line. (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Intel Ad

I was looking through Newsweek this afternoon and I saw a full page add for the PII processors from Intel. It had Lego's flying out from it. At the bottom it had a combined blurb of Intel and Lego. Wonder how much that cost Lego, I mean Intel (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Promtional LEGO set database beta test - participants wanted!

I have changed my Promotional LEGO set database from a static collection of pages to a database-driven ASP application. I would therefore be grateful if you'd give it a beta-test-drive before I scrap the old pages. The new URL is: (URL) do not link (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1,000 pieces reached

(...) Very few are willing. I work off set piece counts. After awhile, you probably won't really care (I don't anymore), especially if you start selling or trading pieces. I just say "10,000+" and that is about right, even though it might be closer (...) (26 years ago, 20-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact