 General / 226
Re: Lego Intel Ad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 02:14:27 GMT

Matt Marshall <Matt@rapturesoft.hypermart.net> wrote:
I was looking through Newsweek this afternoon and I saw a full page add for
the PII processors from Intel. It had Lego's flying out from it. At the
bottom it had a combined blurb of Intel and Lego. Wonder how much that cost
Lego, I mean Intel doesn't just give away the place where things pop out of
the chip

I wouldn't be so sure it cost TLG anything.  If it was a P2 add then
I'd guess Intel paid TLG for the right to use Lego bricks or whatever.

I'd say Intel is the real beneficiary of this ad - some kid sees
Daddy's magazine with Lego stuff in the ad and asks Daddy for a new
computer, maybe?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide