 General / 229
Re: Lego Intel Ad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 03:33:27 GMT

I'm not so sure that Intel paid Lego, I mean they can advertise well enough
to not need any other things. I think that it's more of a deal to split the
cost of a full page ad in Newsweek, not cheap stuff there. But I would agree
Intel going to get some of those little kids convincing parent's to buy them
computers, I know I am;->
Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
Matt Marshall <Matt@rapturesoft.hypermart.net> wrote:
I was looking through Newsweek this afternoon and I saw a full page add • for
the PII processors from Intel. It had Lego's flying out from it. At the
bottom it had a combined blurb of Intel and Lego. Wonder how much that • cost
Lego, I mean Intel doesn't just give away the place where things pop out • of
the chip

I wouldn't be so sure it cost TLG anything.  If it was a P2 add then
I'd guess Intel paid TLG for the right to use Lego bricks or whatever.

I'd say Intel is the real beneficiary of this ad - some kid sees
Daddy's magazine with Lego stuff in the ad and asks Daddy for a new
computer, maybe?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide