 General / 232
Re: Lego Intel Ad
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 04:55:04 GMT

Matt Marshall <Matt@rapturesoft.hypermart.net> wrote:
I'm not so sure that Intel paid Lego, I mean they can advertise well enough
to not need any other things. I think that it's more of a deal to split the
cost of a full page ad in Newsweek, not cheap stuff there. But I would agree
Intel going to get some of those little kids convincing parent's to buy them
computers, I know I am;->

While we'll probably never know if Intel actually paid TLG for the ad,
I'd say it's a safe bet to assume Intel paid for most, if not all, of
the cost of the ad in Newsweek.

Intel subsidizes the advertising campaigns of nearly every major
computer manufacturer in the country - that's one of the reasons you
see all the Intel Inside logos splashed all over the place.  I'd bet
an ad in Newsweek costs no more than the number of ads they place in
PCMag and every other computer publication every week.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide