 General / *1700 (-20)
  Re: Adventures in the Arctic 2000??

(...) I think (at least from a classic "classic space" point of view) that it will "pale in comparison" but at least there can be supplemental parts to make things that either theme alone couldn't make, especially with flight and space pieces. I (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 4970 Rock Raiders

(...) Here in the US not a real laser pointer IMO. Too much potential for retinal damage. I don't think TLG could honestly post the age range otherwise. I don't own any l&s (1), but it could be one or maybe just light. (1) frankly I don't need (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventures in the Arctic 2000??

(...) the (...) will (...) Jr'ized). Hmmm. I hope its more along the lines of Ice Planet revisited. Its a shame that that sub-theme didn't last for another year. I'd like to see Lego do some stuff with it in the park. -Tim <>< (URL) - Coming Soon! (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  1999 S@H Catalog ...

Well ... got mine yesterday ... I am a bit disappointed. I'm into Technic and Model Team, and no pictures of any additional Model Team sets, it appears that the Big Rig (5571) is possibly discontinued. And there are no pictures of any larger Technic (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventures in the Arctic 2000??

(...) I had hoped that it would be the Antarctic (because Antarctica has rock mountains), but I definitely won't complain (unless it's horrendously Jr'ized). (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whither Pause?

If you are taking volunteers, I'd be willing to do it. I've been meaning to do something similar anyways. :) Jeff (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

Janet's point was that someone was rude, crude and disrespectful. This kind of behavior doesn't fit with the spirit of RTL. I'm not saying foul language automatically disqualifies someone, but when it is uncalled for (as it was in that situation), (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventures in the Arctic 2000??

(...) I guess YES ! I thought about it a few weeks ago and I also guess that it will be adventure in Arctic. Rene (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Monorail Question

(...) The 3rd is classic "White space" set number 6990. I own it. Rene (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Monorail Question

I am hoping that someone can fill in the gap. I believe there are three monorail sets. I am aware of 6991 Unitron and 6399 Airport. Can someone please tell me what the third is. Thank You. -Nick (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: About that FAQ ...

Beaker wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Don't forget: Who is Timmy? (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: About that FAQ ...

My 2 bits: I like the idea of a new FAQ, with information that is relevant. It is obvious that the current RTL FAQ is not a priority for Tom Pfeifer, for whatever reason, and the rest of the community is suffering for it. He needs to realize that it (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Whither Pause?

(...) If Lou or anyone else wants to put together a "new for '99" page, based on these from previous years (2 URLs) just paragraph overviews and links into the DB, let me know and I'll install the page. Pause is Lou's trademark so it isn't a (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) Way to go Mike! Here we all sit, waiting patiently for the return of S@H phone specials and the guru himself is missing. Off buying Lego in Orlando under the guise of a holiday with the relatives. ;) Welcome home. Barry (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Adventures in the Arctic 2000??

I was just reading the Legoland California flyer. The Adventurer ride at the park includes areas that depict ancient Egypt, an Amazon jungle, and. . . the Arctic. Could this be the next adventure?? See all of you lucky Primo yearly pass holders on (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

Also sprach Janet Zorn: : Based on the snip below from RTL, I recommend that there be a : disqualifying criterion for online conduct inconsistent with the : promotion of the hobby. Profanity in RTL or Lugnet has no place in the : promotion of a (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36859FD2.7B642084@c...AM.com>... :(copy to be posted to rec.toys.lego as well) : :We don't have an official body or anything, and probably won't for some :time. But could we do something like a Master Modeler? With (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: S@H Specials ...

(...) *blush* In my defense, I literally just got home after driving from Orlando, where we spent Christmas with my wife's family. Evidently they started today. I'll see if I can get the page updated ASAP if Todd hasn't covered for me already. (...) (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  4970 Rock Raiders

Hi, Looking at the picture of the 4970 Rock Raiders: (URL) is that piece on top of the vehicle? Could that be a laser pointer? Or just a light and sound element? ____ |oooo| Cheers, |oooo| Wouter van Wageningen ¯¯¯¯ (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Two new Technic sets - Mini review

(...) I'm with that. All the slope bricks with a logo or other painting on are screened rather than having stckers applied. Selçuk (26 years ago, 29-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact