 General / *1630 (-10)
  Lego(r) Master Maniac designation?

(copy to be posted to rec.toys.lego as well) In my recent post to raise interest and cross pollinate between Rec.Models.Railroad, I called James Mathis a master builder, because I think some of his stuff is really really good. I bet most of us could (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Two new Technic sets - Mini review

Over the last few days I was able to find two new 1999 Technic sets. I found 8252 (Beach Buster) at my local Target and I picked up 8246 (Hydro Racer) at the LIC here in Orlando (WDW). The 8252 set is the blue and white police buggy that can be (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most common brick

(...) !!! Matt is just getting started, apparently. One big set can bring you 700, 1000, 1300, or even 1700 (in the case of 5571) pieces. Interesting question though. I know for sure I have at least 4000 1x2 bricks because I remember buying that (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Dutch Catalogue Online

It says SEptember of 99 alright and it also confirms that they are HYDRAULIC. LEGO RULES Dave Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 27-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Most common brick

Matt Marshall wrote in message ... (...) On a volume and numerical basis, the most of one brick I have is gray 2x4s. I probably have 2100 Gray 2x4s. My goal is 10000 of them. Matthew Verdier "You can't just say you're King because some watery tart (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Most common brick

What is the most common brick people have in their collections? My collection probably has at least a hundred 1x2 bricks, over 10% of my total collection. Anyway is this also the most common brick produced by TLG or do I buy an abnormal number of (...) (26 years ago, 24-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Dutch Catalogue Online

(...) Is that refering to the 8448? I think it looks like the chassis under the seats are made up of three layers of traditional beams, so I you'll probably find a lot of studs on it. Fredrik (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Dutch Catalogue Online

September for the red car!! Hydraulics! Translations, please! Some of the new Technics were disappointing, until seeing the bigger models. But observations of the '98 sets seem true for '99. Very few studded bricks. Looks like some of the only (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If you sort by color. . .when did you start?

(...) keeps things simple with form in mind, and I like it. I had color before, and my best friend is sold out on color sorting, but it doesn't work for me. It's too dang hard to find the piece you want when there are 1000 or so of the same color (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: If you sort by color. . .when did you start?

Do you mean *just* by color? One bucket/tub for each color? That only works up to a certain point. My current sort is somewhat complex, primaraly by shape for the common elements. I do have a bucket for each color for "special" pieces that don't go (...) (26 years ago, 26-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact