 General / *135 (-20)
  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) Whahahaha, good one. Like people sit around wondering what gibberish I'll post next. :) (...) Cool, glad to hear it. :) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) I think the REAL benefit of LUGNET will the the ability to see Mike Stanley's posts almost instantly. Admittedly, we'll miss the sense of anticipation, as in, "I wonder which of Mike Stanley's posts will show up next." However, I think Mike (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) The lack of propagation delays is one reason why I think people will be more likely to post here once they show up. Right now it might take days for people to see my posts, and sometimes it almost seems like a waste of time, especially for the (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) IMO, the reduced number of posts is due to fewer people currently accessing, compared to RTL. Keep in mind that these groups have only really been running publicly for 7 1/2 days, and that things will ramp up slowly. Three to six months from (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Jesse Long wrote in message ... (...) any (...) to (...) very (...) I am the same... 15 groups, and very manageable number of articles. I figure I will cut out some in a month or so... see where the off-topic groups go? *My* answer to your question: (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

(...) I'd say things are slowly picking up, but it is taking a while for people to come over. I'm not sure it would be possible to cross-post articles from a Lugnet group to RTL, although I'm sure if I'm wrong 3 people will point it out before I get (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet's great signal to noise ratio

I read 13 groups on Lugnet, and rarely download more than 40 articles in any given day. I routinely get 80-120 messages from RTL, mostly mindstorms, flamewars, and off-topic computer-geekese. Here on Lugnet I get so little of that, it's great. But a (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  2847 UFO Flyer

Where can I pick up this set? It is the perfect small set that I've seen around... Anyone? Thanks! Pawel (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Suggestion

(...) better. It gets better? It already is the best Lego sight around! How can that be possible? I know of the changes due, I just felt like heaping praise! ___...___ richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam dot Web Sight: (URL) Instant (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  test

Well, just seeing if I can **post** here too. I'm reading it w/ Netscape just as I read rtl... (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Suggestion

(...) Oh, yes, definitely agreed. Everything you see up at www.lugnet.com, except for the /news/ section, will all be *radically* changing over the next 2-6 months. And all for the better. --Todd (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) crashing server? That's easy. Install HP-UX 10.20 & Informix 7.3 on HP server & try to initialize database without installing patches to HP-UX. It will cause the server to panic every time. :) I should know, I've been trying to figure out how (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) You're very welcome. I've been helped by many other people, so I look forward to being able to help others. *note to self: do that research on caching server. (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

Thanks, Mike! It was just that easy. It seems I am getting more computer literate everytime I come here! (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Getting rid of the garbage

(...) Does it look anything like this? : Message-ID: <6r0bgq$9q4$1@newsho...rramp.net> References: <6r096p$qcd$1@news10...pnews.com> NNTP-Posting-Host: dal-tsa2-44.cyberramp.net Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=US-ASCII X-Trace: (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Getting rid of the garbage

I was wondering if anyone else is getting about 15 lines of garbage text at the beginning of every message. When I first started accessing Lugnet via Free Agent, I didn't have this problem, but now I do. It may just be a matter of setting the right (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet Suggestion

I was just browsing through the Set Inventories section of Lugnet and came up with a thought. Wouldn't it be nifty if after you jumped into a particular set, printed all of the pieces necessary to build the set/what it has in it and THEN have a link (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

Have had some troubles with getting the receiver to hone in on the exact frequency (for now its 90.0 Mhz). If the receiver is in a different room, the FM transmitter has difficulties transmitting through walls etc. It needs more juice (only runs on (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Newsgroup proposal

(...) ie. what I was thinking: lugnet.space lugnet.town lugnet.castle ... (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Newsgroup proposal

Todd, I forgot if we discussed this in Beta, but were their pro's and con's to having news groups based upon themes? Similar to lugnet.trains? I'm a castle & pirate fan & wouldn't mind discussing castle & pirate related topics with others of similar (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact