 General / *1265 (-10)
  Re: Contest Ideas?

(...) The snow fell on The Strip. News broadcasts showed snow in front of Caesars Palace, and the Los Angeles Times had a front page photo of snow in front of the Mirage. Alan (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

(...) It would have cost ~$500/month if it had continued at that bandwidth rate. Obviously it would be going down after the 1999 catalogs appear in more stores, but on the other hand it could also have gone up by 5x or more if the readership of (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

(...) Ya, me too. I heard offline that this bandwidth bill was not that much scratch, it was just the trendline that was worrisome. Or so the rumor said. (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

(...) I've been willing to pay my dues for a while now. :) Especially if I can go ahead and lock in a prime piece of baseplate. (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

(...) Wow. All I can say is thanks a bunch for hosting them while you could. Do we need to pass the hat? :-) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) There used to be one of these at Niagara Falls, somewhere, and I rode it when I was about 7 or so. Pretty neat, especially when you get to the middle and the other car passes you. I think there is one in Pittsburgh too. What I like better, (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

Todd Lehman wrote in message <366cc340.28054619@l...et.com>... : :Kevin Loch has graciously agreed to host the JPEG files for the 1999 :catalog. Image links at : : (URL) been updated to point to the new directories on Kevin's server :www.kl.net, so (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Sets...

These new 1999 sets are nice and all, but I am confused. I thought the Star Wars theme would be out in March/April. Now I am hearing July. What am I missing? Also, when does Shop-at-Home usually start carrying new sets? I don't live anywhere near (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans of 6455 on my Website

Tom McDonald wrote in message ... (...) future to lego newbies: "The set seems to be >complete as I built everything in the instruction book, but I seem to have lots of pieces left over." Oddly enough, I had a lot of pieces left over from the three (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: More 1999 Catalog Thoughts...

(...) It is cool. And I just bought one at the B. Dalton bookstore. They have it for 25% off, $14.95 Which considering the size of the book, is still a little high. Guess what my nephew is getting for his birthday? :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact