 Gaming / Starship / 855
Re: I need to ask a question of the community
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:07:53 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Avery Christy wrote about stuff he'd like to do.

Sounds fine by me.  To my mind travel between two of your own sectors you can
pretty much mediate yourself.  There are rules on how fast different kinds of
ships could cross the distance, but you could solve that if its a problem by
simply discovering some kind of ancient portal device that links the two
sectors.  Much like the existing jumpgates, but not part of that system, and
linking only your two sectors.

As to having stuff happen in other sectors not your own, that's cool too, as
long as you are not depending on or compelling SMs to do anything in their own
sectors that they don't want to.

I'd say you're good to go...

Richard
Still baldly going...