 Gaming / Starship / 739
738  |  740
Subject:
Absentia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:14:00 GMT

Just read what Richard had to say about Hendo...

Yah, I totally agree with that.

And here is my two cents worth of input on lightening the load for the GM...

We SM's could take a little responsibility on inter sector transit. Yes, I know
that all inter sector transit and galactic stability is the GM's responsibility,
but this one thing is such a small and tedious thing to keep track of especially
when the GM also has a couple of sectors of his own to keep track.

players who are non-SM would of course be subject unto the SM's whose sectors
they are traveling in between. But, us sector SM's know very well the rules for
traveling and can easily figure it out.

Here is how it would work, the SM of the sector that the ship is leaving would
e-mail the SM of the sector that the ship is going to with the usual ship bio
info and ship captain and player and the ETA. That's it! The GM does not have to
play traffic cop!

A copy of that e-mail of course would be sent to the GM for his notification and
dispute resolvement, but the GM could focus on the more important things. I
don't recall too many things happening in inter sector space other than transit,
so travel between sectors is mostly just keeping track of who is where and when.
I don't think that is really necessary.

I don't know, just trying to help out.

-Avery