 Gaming / Starship / 738
Re: Speaking of Absences...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:34:59 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:

Hendo has done a fabulous job of a task few would be able to handle nearly so
elegantly.  And to the extent that his attention has not been instantaneous and
fulsome, there are none of us who would be well qualified to cast the first
stone.

Things are quiet, and I think that this is partly because in trying to run
numerous sectors, we may have spread the available interest of Starship Captains
a bit thin, perhaps even to below tenable levels for fun adventures.  There may
be some sense in driving Starshippers from the commercial/social sectors (like
New Pacific) into the active adventure sectors, where they will not only have a
better experience (nobody dies in New Pacific) and will contribute to the
activity in those active adventure sectors and keeping them roaring along.

As to Hendo as the GM, much as I find the notion of impeaching a GM and driving
him from the known universe as a fun afternoon activity, to be enjoyed with
popcorn and flagellation, that would seem completely inappropriate.

I am more than happy to shoulder a little more of the load in managing the
transit of vessels from sector to sector if that would be helpful (and note that
I am back at my GC post, although as far as I can see there are no new vessels
to register or changes to the registry - now would be a good time to email me if
I have missed something).

There are no major rule changes in the wings, no disputations that need the
wisdom of Solomon, and probably little in the way of actual work, so that a pale
imitation of the One True GM might be able to keep things moving along.

So I suggest that Hendo be confirmed in his exalted role, and move more to a
Chairman of the Board kind of deal, simply pushing anything he deigns beneath
him to me, and we press on.

That said, if Hendo was of a mind to need to free his mind from the burdensome
weight of Starship GMdom, throw off the shackles and dance wild and free in his
underpants in the first full blushes of marriage, then say so dude, and we'll
make a new plan.

Indeed, if there are others who would like to take on the GMU role (GM's
Underling) instead of me, I am more than happy to see that happen.

Richard
Still baldly going...

Hey Richard

Just to make the info available...
Yes, I'm back in the game.  Yes, my ships are waiting to move to new sectors.
No, I'm not going to crap my pants if I have to wait another few weeks.  If you
really do feel like taking on some more duties, many thanks, and email me at my
new address (drummere3@hotmail.com).  If not, that's great--I get more time to
work on other things.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of it, have you been having trouble accessing your
ozbricks.com ftp?  I have, but I don't know who to email...

Thanks much!
Andrew