 Gaming / Starship / 720
719  |  721
Subject:
Speaking of Absenses...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2004 04:00:54 GMT

I was going to jump this onto Dan’s recent post, but I decided it would be impolite given the seriousness of his personal situation...

Everyone: You might have noticed my own near-absense lately. For this I must apologize. Things in general have seemed very quiet from many of us in fact. But for me, my non-Lego life has been greatly distracting from Starship of late. I still feel very strongly that this game can be wonderful and I still want to see it succeed. But with the wedding only two months away and a variety of other issues brewing, it has been tough for me to devote more than a few minutes per week to any online activity.

So I think it is only fair, for the sake of the game that I love, to ask everyone’s opinion on where we stand and of me as Galactic Mediator. Are you satisfied knowing that your GM might place the game on his back-burner for the duration of the summer before showing any real effort to resume his duties on a more regular basis? Do you think your GM should ask someone else to fill in for him for the interim? If so who? Or are enough people taking breaks from the game currently that it would make more sense to just call a time-out for two months or so? Or would you rather impeach your GM for neglecting his duties and banish him to the outer reaches of the galaxy?

Basically, I am just trying to gauge whether my inactivity is proving disruptive to the game. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In fairness to you, the players, I must confess I feel I am not contributing enough. But I cannot forsee that changing for at least another 10 weeks or so. After that time, however, I want to return to the Starship-loving participant that I have always been. Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

-GM Hendo