 Gaming / Starship / 685
Re: My word man! Are you insane?! (You may find this funny)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:58:24 GMT

www.geocities.com/avery_christy/alienregistry.html

Alright, so we got the ground work laid.

You may find this funny, or just a natural part of the character quality that I
have shown, but as it happens I have a degree in Archeology/Anthropolgy.

I also have a degree in Astronomy...

Anyway... Yes I am continuing the work, I only stopped so that everyone could
see the basics, get the idea, and then respond negatively or positively and I
would go from there.

I think this is all part of the fun --> we have ship stats that everyone gets to
have fun and embelish and totally go imaginative with, so why not do likewise
with the species and the persons who fly these contraptions? It is a part of the
swashbuckling experience, no?

Anyway, I hope the IC story of why this came into being works with everyone.
I am not too sure about expanding the Terrans... I found out the hard way that
there are a lot of Terran governments, organizations, associations, groups,
militias, etc. etc. I am not up to that task until such time that the lesser
sentient species of the galaxy are more fleshed out.

I apologize to all players who I missed, like the two I missed in Spraw and
other sectors that you mentioned. But, I was trying my best the first time out.
And, I will have links from each species to a webpage where that species is
featured or shown or given detail so that each player gets credit due.

There will be a stronger direct link from that alien registry to Starship here
real soon. If someone wants to put a link (that should be fine, I think) from
Starship to this alien registry, that would be grand. I will do my part and keep
this end of it in good shape for as long as I am flying Lego space ships (that
will be quite a while).

I wasn't really planning on featuring governments or sector authorities and all
that along with the species, but that might be in the cards for the future. We
will have to see as things progress along. If it does happen, it will be brief
mentions, it's up to the players to flesh out their IC stories, this is just a
registry like the space ship one. A paragraph will do.

Keep feeding me ideas... Avery