 Gaming / Starship / 683
Re: My word man! Are you insane?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:18:45 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Avery Christy wrote:
   Hey starshippers,

I was glancing through the starship registry to remind myself how many quality systems I have used, and the thought struck me (ouch) that a part of the ship registry is the species that each ship belongs to...

So, (here is the thought that struck me) I thought that maybe it would be cool to have a web page or something listing every known species and a little info about each one. You know, just to have that and maybe have some fun with it. So, I did that. And, I came up with a plausible reason why that list exists. I went through all of the player web sites and all of the ship registries that I could find to list all of the sentient species that I could find. Feel free to peruse the list and tell me if I got anything wrong or if I missed out on one. I included some links to some species’ web sites or links to further details. If you want that with a species of yours that appears on the webpage, let me know and I’ll do that. Some info you will recognize as being pulled directly from some players’ web pages... I am not doing any copy right infringement intentionally, but if it irks you, let me know and I will do something more original for you.

Thanks, Avery

www.geocities.com/averychristy/alienregistry.html

Very, very nice work, Avery. While unfinished, what you have so far is impressive and informative.

A coincidence occured today, as I have not read the Starship board since last night, when this message was not posted, as Lugnet would not load for me today. Scarily, I started making a chart of all my races before I even read this post.

I’ll make a nice .doc file of all my races to send to you. The Excel sheet isn’t very informative.

Also, I have a little idea about the Terran race classification. If you wanted to, you could provide a brief summary on each Terran government that exists, as I know there are many in Starship, including mine, Hendo’s (I think), Richard’s (another if), and many others.

Well, thanks for such a great resource and email me if you need any help.

-Dan