 Gaming / Starship / 682
Re: My word man! You are an insane anthropologist! (Fools! I'll kill them all...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 04:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Avery Christy wrote about a species register.

Neat idea, and less work than the ship registry once it gets going I think (so
eminently doable).

We'll probably want to add listings for the Spraw sector - the Explorers and two
species of Sprawns, and one for the Jahn Sheefn, currently causing some tension
in the Arbor sector.  I'll see what I can do about getting you some text over
the next few days.  Maybe you want to consider providing some additional detail
on the seperate Terran systems.  Dunno.  Probably wants a table of contents?

It might be worthwhile to consider adding links (to the sector registry) for
each species to the sectors where they are known to be numerous or dominant.

Indeed, if you were happy to take on the layout of the Starship site, there is
no real reason why this could not be a registry maintained by you in your own
hosted space, but linked into the Starship site just as the Ship registry is.
The Galactic Mediator might deign to bestow upon you some worthy Starship title,
like say Galactic Anthropologist (GA).

Or it might just be perfect as it is :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...