 Gaming / Starship / 50
Re: Rules?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 22:47:31 GMT

Hey there.

I believe that this sort of thing is entirely up to the SMs (and in some rare
cases, the GM).  It entirely depends on how willing the SM is to let you get
away with things.

For example (a very long one, but bear with me), in Helix, you can enter the
sector and immediately start exploring.  However, if you do not get
"Authorization" from HQ, I'll make sure your options are limited.  If you
attack a Fleet installation or ship in the interests of exploration without
Authorization, you may succeed or not, but you sure won't get away with it
(right, Dan?).

My ship was on the way to get authorization when we found the planet.  And
if you destroyed that ship, I was gonna try and commit genocide :D.

But if you ARE Authorized, we may simple ask you what you're up to, and leave
it at that.  Alien ships are generally under the "destructable" category in my
book, as are other player ships (though I won't outright kill a player in a
game...except if they venture into a clear danger zone, but that's another case
entirely).

Gotta get authorized...when I feel like it.  :)

If you are still confused, don't worry--so am I.  Hendo might have some more
profound insight on this.
~Andrew~

~Dan