 Gaming / Starship / 41
Re: Rules?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:47:08 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Dan Mattia writes:
Welcome to Starship!  I hope you join...

Anyway, to answer your question:

When a player (a person who creates a ship to adventure in someone's sector)
wishes to enter a sector, the Sector Mediator states the rules of that
particular sector.  Some SMs have their own rules for "blowing things up"
therefore they aren't listed on the galactic rules page.  For instance, the
way I determine how much damage a ship takes in a battle is I compare the
two ships' weapons and armor.  If Ship A has heavy weapons but light armor
and is attacked by a ship with heavy weapons, I'll state that it might have
been destroyed or just damaged very badly.  I hope I answered your question.

~Dan
BTW, if someone wants to add their answer or fix mine, feel free.

I think Dan did a fine job of answering this.  Basically, each Sector
Mediator runs their own Sector/Adventure however they wish (provided they do
not violate the rather basic Galatic Rules
(http://www.valyance.com/starship/rules.htm)).  Most SMs run their sectors
much like Dan, using the Ship Stats as a *guideline* to determine resolution
of an event.  Some might develop complex tables or die rolls, as is their
choice.  I believe that Marcus has a set of combat rules for his sector, for
example.

Hope that helps, and hope to see ships from you soon.  If you have more
questions, just ask.  :)

-Galactic Mediator Hendo