 Gaming / Starship / 42
Re: Zac's gonna join and has some ideas!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Zac Soden writes:
Hi guys,

Well after stumbling upon your nice new message board here on Lugnet I now
see just how much the space RPG has progressed. And it's very delightful!

Indeed.  Your Sector 62 was quite the inspiration!

Currency:

On the old message board, we had spent all last autumn discussing issue like
this.  Currency was one of the first items we put to a vote (as was the name
of the game).  There were several suggested ideas, and varying opinions as
to how strictly currency might be enforced.  In the end, it was voted that
Platinum Chits were the most common form of currency in the Galaxy, but that
individual sectors were free to also have their own local currency.
Basically, the PC is the default currency for those SMs who don't wish to
develop their own.

The value of a PC was also never quite agreed on.  I think basically 1 PC is
about 1 USD, but with the "inflation" of our future setting, a PC might be
about 1 fifth the value of today's USD.  So a single PC can buy the
equivalant of a really weak cup of coffee at a space bar.  A low end
hover-sports-car might cost 75,000 PC.  And a capitol ship likely costs more
than 10 million PC.

I may recreate the old sector62 site for use in Starship and put all of my
stuff there. Perhaps that sector could also become the home of the
Intergalactic Terran Bank....

We really would love to have Sector62 join the game!  And if you wish to
establish a banking business there, that would be welcome also.

These are just my ideas. Feel free to ignore or burn them if you wish.

Not at all.  We hope to hear more from you!

Thanks!
-Galactic Mediator Hendo