 Gaming / Starship / 31
Re: Zac's gonna join and has some ideas!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 11:01:23 GMT

<snip>
Currency:

I think it would be nice to see some sort of galactic Credit system in use
to be traded, purchased and sold with. Ports and the like in a sector could
charge for their services, pirates could steal your cash and you could sell
ancient artefacts to collectors for big money.

Well, we already have a galactic currency.  While some sectors don't use it,
they must offer an exchanging system if they wish to use their own.

But with the implementation of currency comes a lot of accounting so I was
thinking that some kind of automated banking system would need to be
emplaced. I could find out how to do some Java coding for a banking system
where each ship is given an account from which money can be transferred to
other accounts. The whole banking system could be based on one server. I
will look into this further if you like.

I'd love that!  For example, Ship A has X amount of platinum chits.  When
they reach Sector B, they spend F amount of the chits.  The banking system
acknowledges and subtracts X-F.  I like it.

I may recreate the old sector62 site for use in Starship and put all of my
stuff there. Perhaps that sector could also become the home of the
Intergalactic Terran Bank....

Yay!  Another historic place!

These are just my ideas. Feel free to ignore or burn them if you wish.

Zac Soden

~Dan