 Gaming / Starship / 39
    Rules? —Sebastian Persson-Pyykkö
   Hi! I've been checking out the new Starship RPG game and i must say that I am very interested. One problem though, were are the rules for blowing things up?, can't seem to find them on the webpage. Thanks for yor help fellow fleet commanders! (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

        Re: Rules? —Andrew Engstrom
     (...) Hey there. I believe that this sort of thing is entirely up to the SMs (and in some rare cases, the GM). It entirely depends on how willing the SM is to let you get away with things. For example (a very long one, but bear with me), in Helix, (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

         Re: Rules? —Dan Mattia
     (...) My ship was on the way to get authorization when we found the planet. And if you destroyed that ship, I was gonna try and commit genocide :D. (...) Gotta get authorized...when I feel like it. :) (...) ~Dan (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

        Re: Rules? —Dan Mattia
     Welcome to Starship! I hope you join... Anyway, to answer your question: When a player (a person who creates a ship to adventure in someone's sector) wishes to enter a sector, the Sector Mediator states the rules of that particular sector. Some SMs (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

         Re: Rules? —John P. Henderson
     (...) I think Dan did a fine job of answering this. Basically, each Sector Mediator runs their own Sector/Adventure however they wish (provided they do not violate the rather basic Galatic Rules ((URL) Most SMs run their sectors much like Dan, using (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

        Re: Rules? —Sean Devolites
     (...) Sup (...) Well, seeing as i wrote the rules, I figure I might give a hand here. The rules on the site are the best put way of describing the boring part. I guess I forgot to put in all that blowing stuff up part, but I thought that be obvious. (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

        Role playing game as collaborative storytelling (was Re: Rules?) —Richard Parsons
   (...) I echo the wisdom of other SMs in pointing out how it is Sector Mediators who govern how 'blowing things up' works out. There is a misconception to deal with, and that is that Starship is a combat game, which, for the bulk of us, it is not. It (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)