 Gaming / BrikWars / 8
Re: Delurk if you BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 02:02:47 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Todd Lehman writes:
I got to spend several hours on the road in California with Mike Rayhawk last
weekend, for an informal interview of Mike about BrikWars.

Except for the wind turbines and Mike refusing to pull over for me when
nature called (which I *was* prepared to make him regret if it got to that)
I think I had a good time and learned a few dark secrets.

Anyway, Mike mentioned that BrikWars was pretty big in Australia.......
Like.... like.... Just humongous freakin' setups.

Apparently, Australia and NELUG are the two biggest centers of BrikWars play.

So where are all the other BrikWars gamers?

--Todd

[xfut => lugnet.gaming.brikwars]

I live in Waukesha, Wisconsin, a county next to Milwaukee. I first got
hooked on Brikwars when Evan Butzlaff(Cudahy, Milwaukee Suburb Resident) got
me to go to Gencon, in which I played a 2 huge games with James Seibert,
Chris Weeks and Evan. One battle is in the "other brikwars games" on
brikwars.com. After that, I couldn't get enough of Brikwars, like some crazy
drug(Drugs are probably cheaper than Lego ;) ). After that I've played some
minor brikwars battles with My cousin (also a Waukesha resident) and Evan in
Cudahy. We've done mainly space-age battles, but right now we are in an
"ammasing of arms and troops" state. No major battles have occured quite yet
because we're still building/planning/buying units, troops and weapons. A
few memorable events I have from the greatness that is Brikwars, is being
whittled down to one troop, a ninja weilding a lightsaber. My one lone troop
while stealthing behind rubble to avoid sniper bullets from a nearby
chopper, chucks his lightsaber directly at the helicopter, killing its
inhabitants and the pilot. One other key memory is Chris using his movement
mage to chuck a squad of Evan's swordsman 8 stories high and letting them
crash back down.

Thanks for the memories and fun Mike

................wait...wind turbines?