 Gaming / 929
Re: 'Nother BrikWars Rules Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 01:27:02 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Aaron M. Sneary writes:
What the heck is the Armor value, and/or the mass of 'the ground'? Several
times in the rules you mention collisions with 'the ground.'  My
understanding is that if you use the mass of the planet earth, it would
grind most anything into pulp. So then should I use the AV for asphalt
(something near reinforced concrete)? Or should the Mother Gaia rise up
and pummel to death any survivors that collide with her?

Depends on whether you are speaking physically or philosophically.  From a
philosophical standpoint, then yes, Mother Gaia should by all means rise up
and splatter her ungrateful children every time they take a footstep, they
deserve it.  In game terms this might be impractical.  So instead use an AV
of 2d10 for asphalt and 1d10 for dirt (I really did write this rule into the
rulebook, only I screwed up and put it under 4.1.3: Performance where no one
would ever think to look for it).

- Mike