 Gaming / 927
Re: BrikWars Rules Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:53:48 GMT

In lugnet.games, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hmmm, I'm thinking that your latter idea, while interesting, might make some
entertaining situations.  Such as a turn in which the mass changes by 800%
as compared to the previous turn ... to which a gamemaster would be remiss if
s/he didn't say "You seem to have stumbled upon an intense gravity well, as
you feel your arms increase in weight to 120 pounds.  Roll a stupendous feat
of 7 on a 1d10 to fill your incredibly heavy lungs with enough air to survive
another turn ..."  ;)

Fortunately I figure a minifig can hold its breath for a turn or two.

I told Aaron in e-mail that rolling the dice and then dividing was the best
way to go, but that converting 4d10 to 22 before dividing would work just as
well.  "Variable armor" can also mean "there's a difference between getting
hit by a reinforcement bar and a crumple zone;" the real drawback to the
first method is that it takes a lot of extra time and calculation if you
expect to be doing it very often, and so in a demolition-derby game it's
probably best to use the second method.

Mike, do I get to advance to acolyte 2nd level, with its commensurate >nocturnal choir loft privelages?

You have 430 experience points to go (not to mention the holy Brick
Absolution Ritual) before you can level up.  Until then you'll still have to
make sacrifices to Suz in order to gain access to the sacred mysteries.

- Mike.