 Gaming / 818
  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) Hoo, yeah - you need a second GM, Actually, I'm thinking of having about 4 next time I play - an uber-ref (me), a sutler, a combat ref (I can only be in one place at a time!) and a ship ref (in charge of playing imperial and merchant ships) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) 4 would have been overkill for our game. A ship ref would have been helpfull. (...) What kind of space do you play in? How many turns did you run? Taking several turns to make a run into port and then back out is a significant portion of a 27 (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) helpfull. Actually, a sutler ref is incredibly useful as I found Sutlering slowed the game down immensely. Effectively once a ship is docked at port I rule it 'out of play' and the player can then talk to the sutler and sort out financial (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) Yea, those are possibilities. One of my thoughts though was to simplify the suttlering. So that a few moments are needed to tell the player what ships are available (and if there's anything special about them) and then to tell the player what (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) the (...) are (...) the (...) Hmmm. I was trying to play the sutlering fairly quickly but even so there's: Debauchery Fees, Recruitment, Buy/Sell ships, Repair ships... It takes a bit of time. (...) only (...) I only had 2 ships reach port. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) If we were going to play two games (one on one day, one on the next) then I would be completely happy (I mean, I'd prefer) being your second (or a first) for one of them. If not, then I guess I'd do it, but be less enthusiastic. (...) Must the (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

(...) I suspect it will be hard to do much in the way of two games at Brickfest, though a battle game should be manageable Friday if I can get the time off. Of course a battle game has lower GM needs, though I think a 2nd would still be helpful. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.gaming)