 Gaming / 559
  brikwars and vehicles... and stupendous feats

...Ok, something needs to be done with vehicles :-/ we played this weekend, and hoverboarded guys were the only ones to even make it close to the target. Troop carriers and heavy support vehicles are fairly useless unless they can kinda keep up with (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: brikwars and vehicles... and stupendous feats

(...) What kind of a game objective were you going after? Some kinds of battles just don't lend themselves to the heavier machinery. Was this part of Jason Rowoldt's jailbreak scenario? I wouldn't have brought any heavy machinery into that. Under a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: brikwars and vehicles... and stupendous feats

(...) ...It was the jailbreak. I was bringing in a MTT mostly as a troop transport. It was slow, but faster than the troops on foot (didn't remember hoverboards). The idea was the MTT would be able to get them close enuf before dropping them off to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: brikwars and vehicles... and stupendous feats

(...) Hoverboards are supposed to be Johari-specific anyway, one of the advantages they get for all the disadvantages their Civilization has. Nah, running up against a fortified position, a troop transport only serves as a good way to keep all your (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: brikwars and vehicles... and stupendous feats

(...) ...Ahha! I thought they were just too spiffy for general use! (...) ...Id buy several 'cheap' transports and put a few troops in each. So they couldn't all get gotten at once... If there is a time crunch that is. Given plenty of time, I'd get (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.gaming)