 Games / 52
Re: LEOG football/soccer field
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 01:10:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.games, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...Ok, with the grand challenge field set, how do u determine who gets to put • their
players where? If one player wants to play 3-2 and the other wants to play 1- • 2-2, who
decides where their players go? :-( I cant find any guidance on • the 'official' way to play
this thing.

...Well, after playing it for a few hours with my son, I can now make some
wild guesses about the rules so will reply to my own message and tell the
world! :-)

...Anyway, since LEGO didn't include much in the way of actually how to play,
here's the rules we played with that seemed to work.

...Set up:
...Start with the field in whatever pattern u want and empty cept for the
goalies.
...Randomly determine who wins the toss, they can either elect to shoot first
or place first (there doesnt seem to be much advantage either way).
...Players alternate placing figs on the field in any open spot. Pay attention
to where u place! You want at least one close to his goal and you do not want
your goal surrounded either! And dont forget those full back positions!

...Kicking off:
...On a kick off, the ball goes to the player's fig who is closest to the
middle, but on that player's side of 'the middle line'. We also played that
figs that are actually on the 1/2 way mark can't kick off, its got to be
totally on your side.
...You have to pass on kickoff, no shots on goal.

...Playing:
...Duh: no fair playing when the other person isn't ready or paying attention.
...If a player kicks the ball out of bounds, it returns to the closest fig of
the other player.
...If it goes out of bounds behind the end zone, it returns to the goalie.
...If it hits someone's hand cuz they left their hand in the field, the ball
goes to the nearest fig of the other player.
...If the ball happens to stop not in the little fig stand, move it to the fig
who's baseplate it stopped on.
...Other than that, no touching the ball once it is in play.

...Scoring:
...Shots that bounce out of the goal do not count! This makes skill counts
more than power. If u shoot close at full power, its just a wild shot and is
gonna bounce out. We played both ways, but found it too easy to just power
shoot from across the board and it wasnt fun... it was much better once we put
in this rule.
...You cant turn your goalie on his side and waggle him back and forth! (tho
if he starts 'standing up' he can fall on his side during a save).
...We played to 7 or 9 points vice a time limit.

...Comments on my intrepretation of football rules as played in the game? :-)