 Games / 47
Re: Who has a great MOC lego game?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:43:37 GMT

In lugnet.games, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Markus!

I like that idea, I love monopoly.
Two years ago I had this project for graphics class, I designed a 'my town'
monopoly game, with pictures, streets and areas of my home-town (Kfar Vradim,
or Rose Village, a truly beautiful place) (1).

IMO, there are three ways to get the game to end, which have to be decided  by
the players beforehand:

-Having a set amount of bricks in the 'pool', once the parts there are gone
you count the money, etc.
-Setting a time limit - pretty straightforward.
-Until all players go bankrupt but one - the winner. (This is reeeeeally
loooooong... good for rainy days, bad for short and to-the-point people :-)

HTH.

Do the people build the property with the bricks they own? That sounds cool
but you'll need much more than three bricks each turn for that... ;-)

    You're right.  I should up the lego brick count.  In current rules, you
get a brick every time a minifig visits, and 3 for every property you've
visited at the end of a round.  So, for the first round, you'd receive 12
bricks.  The longer the game goes, the faster paced it becomes...
theoretically.  But you have to have time to build to...

I'd really love to play your game when it's done! Great idea!

-Shiri

(1) I miss it soooo much :-(

    I know most Lugnuts (I think that'd be a proper term for us) have tons of
pieces, but what if you were limited to what you could work with, and what you
could fight for?  How would that effect your creativity?
    I've only tested the concept on an 8 year old kid who was more interested
in playing Star Wars Droid Works (a very good game, I might add, for space
lego fans.  YOu get to build robots, but I digress)
    My big problem is the Dining Room floor is uncomfortable to play on.  I
toyed with using a big patchwork quilt but it lacks stability.  Maybe a
patterned carpet.