 Games / 43
42  |  44
Subject:
Who has a great MOC lego game?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:47:34 GMT

    I'm toying with creating my own lego game in the spirit of monopoly (in a
round about way), using the tiles in my kitchen as the game board.  I don't
have a website of my own but was interested if anyone had created some fun
basic (read: non role playing) games that could help me with ideas. The
concept for Lego Boomtown is this:

    Properties (in the form of baseplates) can be bought for X number of
bricks.  Each player roll the dice to move his minifig to visit all the
existing properties in the boomtown.

    For each property they visit, they pay rent based on how much the property
has been developed:
     1 brick    for undeveloped property
     2 bricks   for property with useable building (i.e. 5 bricks high, with
entry way
     3 bricks   "completed" structure with resident/employee (hireable for "Y"
amount of bricks
     4 bricks   luxury accomodations (furnished, landscaped, etc)

    At the end of each visit, the minifig returns home and gets 3 bricks/items
from the brickyard for each property he visited.  (thereby increasing the pool
of bricks continuously)

    I'm working vehicles to add numbers to dice rolls.  My biggest problem is,
in determining the winner of the game.  When is the game over?  When I'm out
of bricks?  (in three years) Set a time limit?

    I've heard that everybody and his brother has created a lego game but I'm
having difficulty finding anything besides battling / role playing, and more
building type games.  Any feedback would be great.

Markus