 Fun / 65
Re: which set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 02:37:06 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Chris Gray writes:
"Timothy Jones" <timothyj10@juno.com> writes:

In lugnet.fun, Eric Lanteigne writes:
In lugnet.fun, Chris Gray writes:
So, my question to readers is, which set would you recommend for this
purpose? My guess is that we can't get away with any of the *really* big
ones, but we also don't want a super small one, since that won't have
enough pieces.

Maybe you want to wait for this fall and get the Liberty Statue set.

But he said he didn't want any really big ones; that one's going to be $200,
at least from what I heard.

I could probably swing that kind of thing, but

   a) I don't think my boss wants to wait that long
   b) We're in Canada, so its not terribly appropriate
(This is the first I've heard of this set. Are any pics or
info available?)

If I had my preferences, I might choose something like the Technic Space
Shuttle, but they aren't available anymore, and I'm not about to give up
my own to the cause!

The current supercar is OK, but I'd rather it not be a set with a bunch
of smaller modules like that. Two large modules could work - one for the
hardware progress and one for the software progress, followed by
integration afterwards. Hmm. Maybe the supercar could work - give all
the red trim pieces to marketing/sales, so they can't do anything until
*after* the rest is all done! :-)

I've seen technic space shuttles on internet sites, but they cost mabey twice
as much.

NICK