 Fun / 59
Re: which set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:34:31 GMT

I think the better question would be to figure out how many progress "points"
your going to have, and then determine whether each "point" will be
represented by 1 or more pieces.  Then search the database and see which sets
fit.
My own suggestion would be a technic set as I think that it would encourage
people since if your only about 5 parts away from having a full engine,
suspension, etc. that might encourage people to go the extra mile to be able
to put on the final touches.  Since the Super Street Sensation comes somewhat
in modules I think it would be a good choice since: 1) it's a cool set to look
at, even for non-Lego people. 2) Since it's somewhat modular the team can
strive towards completing certain pieces without having to wait all the way
until the end to see results 3) Since there are a couple of different
variants, you could let the person whose "turn" it is at those critical points
decide which one to go with, hopefully also encouraging people to increase
their performance.
That's just my opinion though and I'm not a manager so I'm probably not
qualified to give an opinion anyway.

Matt

In lugnet.fun, Chris Gray writes:

My boss, knowing all about my Lego hobby, has said that we should get a
corporate Lego set to use as a progress indicator. People that complete
items on their plan will get some number of pieces to add to the model.
He wants it to be a model that will readily show the progress. I suspect
it should be one that doesn't have a lot of smaller modules that are
added to it, since that doesn't show the continuous progress as well.

So, my question to readers is, which set would you recommend for this
purpose? My guess is that we can't get away with any of the *really* big
ones, but we also don't want a super small one, since that won't have
enough pieces.