 Fun / *828 (-20)
  Re: Thanksgiving Dinner - LEGO Style

OMG! I love it! great idea too. Gary Greg Perry <supernerd23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gn3oAK.DAq@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) ones (...) isn't (...) video) (...) in (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Thanksgiving Dinner - LEGO Style

Happy Thanksgiving One and All! In a moment of whimsy I decided to take inventory of all the nifty food elements and servingware that I've collected this year by putting together a Thanksgiving Dinner layout. The results of my effort at "slaving (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general, lugnet.belville, lugnet.scala)

  Re: Merry Christmas! Candy Cane Sculpture

Really? I look forward to seeing what you've got coming. I am thinking about doing another christmas sculpture as well, but I haven't yet been inspired (there's another non-christmas project that's taking up way too much of my thoughts right now) I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: Merry Christmas! Candy Cane Sculpture

good job (as usual), Adrian. I had actually been thinking that a Candy cane sculpture would be suitable for LEGO... but you beat me to the punch. Plus, I have a separate Xmas LEGO sculpture that I will announce soon. eric (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: Merry Christmas! Candy Cane Sculpture

(...) Not much, no. The wall of the entire thing is about 4 bricks thick, including the hook. There's a support rib in the very center of hook that keeps everything together, but otherwise it's completely hollow. Adrian (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: Merry Christmas! Candy Cane Sculpture

That's a cool cane. :) Does it need some sort of support structure in it so the top 'hook' doesn't break off from the rest? (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Merry Christmas! Candy Cane Sculpture

Hey gang. It's a little early, but it's time to get into the christmas spirit, don't you think? (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: X-mas angels

My College does this too, Last year I got 2 kids Lego sets for Christmas, I'll be scanning the tree again soon when they put it up. Need to find the ones that specifically ask for it first, then I choose one more that doesn't and give them a smaller (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: X-mas angels

(...) Yes, definitely a good thing. My church does this and last year I managed to snag a card marked "LEGO Set" and gave a Shell Ferrari. Frank (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun.holiday)

  Re: what defines a MOC as blacktron? was: (2nd Annual Space Building Contest)

(...) Ahhh! My eyes!!! Now I have to flee through space as a cosmic refugee! It is rumoured that all who set eyes on the secretive Blacktron Queens are hunted down, captured, and returned to the hidden Lost Moons for a lifetime of tortuous slavery! (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.space)

  Re: what defines a MOC as blacktron? was: (2nd Annual Space Building Contest)

(...) -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: what defines a MOC as blacktron? was: (2nd Annual Space Building Contest)

(...) Do these Female Blacktronettes look anything like this: (URL) Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Hobby or habit?

(...) A great story. If you replaced train with Lego that story could be about most of us. I know it would be for me. I think a rewrite in Lego version is called for. (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Hobby or habit?

(...) That story sounds real familiar just replace the word "Train" with Lego Paul (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Hobby or habit?

Something for the train folks: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun)

  Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

(...) Joseph Gonzalez has a Tyco set website. If you haven't seen it, head over to Lugnet.off-topic.clones and there is a link. I think from yesterday. There were two Tyco castle instructions scans, and possibly many more that I did not look at. Oh (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

(...) And when you do, post it to o-t.clone-brands! Maggie C. (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

(...) Thanks for relpying Tony. I agree that Tyco was a high-quality clone, and think that you are correct that it would do quite well today. I still find Tyco amongst the Lego, but can only tell by the name on it because the quality is so good. If (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

"Jason Grant" <waytoomanytoys@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GM79G8.Lr1@lugnet.com... (...) be (...) Lego (...) From what I remember, Lego did sue them, and Lego LOST. I think Tyco stopped making the clone on its own, due to poor sales. Of (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

  What ever happened to the copycat brand TYCO?

Does anyone know any history on the "Tyco building sets"? They seemed to be Lego's biggest "copycat" in the 80's. You can still see these on eBay sometimes, especially a brick phone they made. Were they ever sued by Lego for copyright infringement? (...) (23 years ago, 3-Nov-01, to lugnet.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact